BROULEE RUNNERS

BROULEE RUNNERS

Total Pageviews

Saturday, August 6, 2011

nev's marathon talk

Here are Nev's thoughts:


"I found it a very tough run. Tough under feet - rocks and in particular the grass hummocks out near Mitchell. Also tough mentally - the out and back leg to Mitchell (24 - 32 km) was long, boring and had those bloody grass hummocks that killed your pace. I used 'Gels" but found the chocolate cookie and fruit cake at drink station 6 (24/32km mark) much more enjoyable. Not sure how good the gels really are? Undoubtedly, I was under prepared and thus suffered cramps at 32 km. More hills and longer runs - old fashioned common sense!


My splits:-


21k - 1h 54' 16"
32k - 2h 54' 30"
37k - 3h 33' 07"
mar - 4h 07' 07"

I had hoped for sub 4 hrs (5' 41" pace), but as you can see died badly in the last 10 km. Knowing that you (Liza) were behind kept me going!!! Overall a good experience. But I think that the Great Ocean Road Marathon was harder (longer and more hills)".

No comments :

Post a Comment