BROULEE RUNNERS

BROULEE RUNNERS

Total Pageviews

Monday, March 14, 2011

weston creek half - nev's report

Here is Nev's race report:

This time last year I was 2/3rds into marathon training with Mike and Liza. I was training for the Great Ocean Road Marathon. This year I had no marathon training behind me and very little long distance. Was I mad or what to enter the Weston Creek 1/2 marathon? Conditions were perfect on Sunday morning and again a great turn out for this local run starting at Black Mountain Peninsula then along the lake out to Woden and back. I set out conservatively looking to last the distance. Got into a rhythm early and was very happy at 5km in 23m 14s (a tad faster than my usual Broulee run pace), then 10km in 46m 38 sec. Half way loomed up and I was comfortable. I now ignored the watch and run as I felt. Still okay at the 4th water stop at Curtin. After running across Scrivener Dam there is a testing uphill before it is basically down hill with 3 km to the finish. I was tiring. The two runners I had pacing myself with now left me to plod on. Finally home in 1 h 38m 33s - 2 minutes slower than last year. But very happy with that. And very happy with the two bottles of wine from the barrel draw.
Weston Creek you have done it again - well done to the organisers.
Mike and Liza - I hope you are back next year so I can find that 2 minutes (or better still 4 minutes).
Anthony Kennedy ran a 81.07. Well done!
An awesome effort to Dave Hosking in the 6 foot track - coming in 7th overall - congratulations to you both. Nev.

No comments :

Post a Comment